Intelligent Leisure Solutions
Robert Phillips, the Managing Partner of ILS (Intelligent Leisure Solutions), is a US citizen born in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, currently residing in Salvador, Brazil. He spent most of his non-adult life living throughout South America – Brazil (Amazon, Salvador and Rio de Janeiro), Bolivia and Colombia.
Robert has a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MS in Space Power from Auburn University; and has worked in sectors as diverse as space power in the USA and oil exploration in Kuwait. He then ventured to the business side working for Bayer Pharmaceuticals after receiving his MBA from Thunderbird – School of Global Management and then to Salvador, Brazil in 1998, where he developed tourism and entertainment projects for Odebrecht.
Robert began Intelligent Leisure Solutions in 2002 to create innovative solutions merging technology, tourism and real estate, and he currently manages 5 companies and is a partner in several more:
- Intelligent Leisure Solutions Consulting
- Business, Real Estate, Tourism and Brazil Liaison Services
- Intelligent Real Estate Solutions
- Real Estate Solutions in Brazil focusing on Farm, Mine and land Sales
- Intelligent Travel Solutions and the Discover.Travel Group
- Luxury Leisure and Corporate Travel Services to Brazil and South and Central America
- UNWTO (United Nations World Tourism Organization) Ulysses Award winner for Innovation in Tourism Enterprises
- MPE Brazil 2011 – Outstanding Innovation Category – Micro and Small Businesses Competitiveness Award
- South America’s Leading Travel Agency 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- Mexico & Central America’s Leading Travel Agency 2012, 2010
- South America’s Leading Travel Management Company 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- Selected by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism as an Affiliate Member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization
- Robert Phillips served as President of ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) Brazil Chapter for 2 terms from 2008 to 2012
- Intelligent Web Solutions
- Internet Business Strategy, Internet Marketing and E-Commerce Consulting
- Robert Phillips served as Vice-President of ABRADI Bahia (Brazilian Association of Digital Agencies) from 2012 to 2014
- Intelligent Content Solutions
- Full Service Content Creation, Web Copywriting and Translation
Robert is a partner in
- Penta Partners – Barcelona and Lisbon
- Technology Accelerator – Business Solutions and Services
- Internet Marketing Road Show
- Conference in Braxºzil on Internet Marketing and Executive Courses and Training
Robert has also been a speaker-presenter at National and International Conferences on Tourism, Tourism Development, Tourism Marketing, Internet Technologies and Internet Marketing having spoken in conferences in Europe and South America. Robert has also been a mediator in large events, having mediated Chris Anderson among others.
Robert is recipient of the Thunderbird – School of Global Management Alumni Entrepreneur Award and he is currently a member of the Thunderbird Global Council, as well as Vice-President of the Committee of Business Leaders for the American Chamber of Commerce Brazil – Bahia Chapter.